Fast Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken
The reason this slow cooker southwestern chicken recipe is so good is because it is delicious, very fast to prepare and you don’t have to cook anything before you get started.
Many times when you read a slow cooker recipe you have to pre cook the meat and generally do a lot of prep work. This slow cooker southwestern chicken will only take you ten to fifteen minutes to get it into the crock pot and turn it onto low, then you are free, the best supper ever will be ready for you in 6-8 hours. You’re going to love it! My family is thrilled whenever I make this for dinner, Yours will too.
And another bonus, this recipe freezes extremely well. If you don’t have a large family you WILL have leftovers. Just let it cool first, then put it in your freezer containers and freeze, you’ll have great meals made ahead and make life easier.
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cans diced green chilis
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 11/2 cups chunky salsa (I used mild, medium would give more flavor)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste.
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- avocado slices
- black pepper
- In your slow cooker, 5-6 quart, combine all the ingredients, leave chicken raw it will cook perfectly in your slow cooker. Make sure the chicken reaches 165 degrees before eating. But cooking for 6-8 hours on low will accomplish this.
- When the chicken has reached 165 degrees remove from the slow cooker and cut or shred into bite size pieces and return it to the slow cooker on warm, letting everything come to the same temperature. Serve over white rice and garnish with your favorite garnishes. I used cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado slices and sprinkled fresh ground black pepper on top. Makes a beautiful presentation and absolutely delicious, stick to your ribs meal.
Some Great Slow Cookers To Help You With This Meal
Always Have Fun In Your Kitchen
This is a fun, simple and quick chicken meal. We all use chicken many times a week. So having yet another chicken meal in your back pocket is going to take you a long way. And if that meal is as good as this meal, you’ve just hit a home run. Enjoy your Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken!Sample Codes